In our real-time simulations, students are put in a situation in which they have to run a business with a real-life ERP (mySAP ECC 6.0) system. Teams of four students operate a make-to-stock manufacturing company and must interact with suppliers and customers by sending and receiving orders, delivering their products and completing the whole cash-to-cash cycle.
Using standard and customized reports, students must analyze their transactional data to make business decisions and ensure the profitability of their operations. The learning objectives of these games are threefold:
- To develop a hands-on understanding of the concepts underlying enterprise systems.
- To experience the benefits of enterprise integration firsthand.
- To develop technical skills at using ERP software.
ERPsim Lab currently offers the following products, for educational purposes, to the members of the SAP University Alliance:
- The Distribution Game: This engaging game, which has students play as a bottled water distribution company managers, serves as a great introduction to both ERPsim and SAP.
- The Manufacturing Game: Playing as a muesli cereal manufacturer, students gain hands on experience with the entire cash-to-cash cycle. Available in three version (Introduction, Extended and Advanced), the Manufacturing Game can be tailored to suit your class’ needs and provide an excellent pedagogical tool.
- The Logistics Game: A fun and effective way to learn about SAP and logistics decision making, this game has students running a dairy company that regularly ships to offsite warehouses. Available in three version (Introduction, Extended and Platinum), the Logistics Game can be tailored to suit your class’ needs.
If you are interested in using these games in a corporate environment, please visit www.batonsimulations.com to learn more about how ERPsim games can help your company sell, implement, or learn SAP.
Pricing and licensing
HEC Montréal grants a free education licence of ERP Simulation Game to Universities and Colleges members of the SAP University Alliance. In order to have access to the simulation game, interested Faculty members must take the ERPsim Instructor Training (Level 1) from one of our ERPsim Certified Trainers.
Learn more about our pricing structure, content offerings, and how students can obtain Learning Portal access in the Pricing, Content and Learning Portal Access section.
Training to the ERPsim solutions is required in order to use the software. Two tracks are offered depending on your needs and your knowledge of the SAP R/3 system:
- The Level 1 certification is the perfect introduction to ERPsim and is mandatory to any faculty member who wish to use the software.
- The Level 2 certification is aimed at advanced users who wish to expand their use of ERPsim.